Terms And Conditions Of Service
- In these terms and conditions all information, data and content on our Website and that provided by consultation or any other interaction with Norla Healthcare is referred to as (“Information”), our Midwife onCall advice service is referred to as (“Our Advice Service”). Both of these together are simply referred to as the (“Contents”).
- Your use of our Website constitutes acknowledgement of and assent to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All Contents are provided by Norla Healthcare Limited of International House, 124 Cromwell Road London SW7 4ET.
- The laws applicable to the Contents of these terms and conditions, website or services provided are the Laws of England and Wales only.
Our Advice Service
- The aim of this service is to provide customers with advice and information in relation to their pregnancy, antenatal and/or postnatal care at a fixed price.
- Our Advice Service is based solely on limited information provided by the customer, howsoever provided. Our Advice Service may therefore of a general and limited nature in this respect and should not be used as a substitute for obtaining detailed medical advice from your treating medical practitioners and following detailed discussion of the issues.
- Whilst we seek to fulfill all requests for Our Advice Service, it is not always possible to do this due to unusual or complex circumstances. For this reason Our Advice Service is not available in all circumstances and we reserve the right not to provide you with Our Advice Service. If you have requested Our Advice Service but we determine, in our sole discretion, that the complexity of these facts renders Our Advice Service inappropriate, we will notify you that Our Advice Service cannot be provided and refund all monies paid for the period which Our Advice Service has not been provided and/or will not deduct any session where we decline Our Advice Service from your bank of advice sessions.
- When you request Our Advice Service you are required to provide payment in advance for the monthly period. You have no automatic right to cancellation in relation to this service in accordance with Regulation 13 of the Distance Selling Regulations. However, Norla grants at its sole discretion permission to cancel with a requisite notice period of 30 days to include one further monthly payment at the standard rate.
- Whilst we will endeavor to provide you with Our Advice Service at the time and date requested we cannot guarantee that it will be done in this time. Our Advice Service will be provided as soon as practicable thereafter.
- By using Our Advice Service you are not a patient but a ‘customer’. By using this service you warrant that the personal details, medical history, and other responses you provide at all times and in all ways are genuine and accurate to the best of your information, knowledge and belief. You confirm that you will indemnify us for any adverse consequence or loss resulting to us as a result of you being in breach of this clause.
- All communications will be by online messaging, email or telephone or fax or post as appropriate and at the sole discretion of Norla Healthcare Limited.
- Our Advice Service is not a substitute for full medical care pertaining to your individual circumstances. Our Advice Service should be used in conjunction with standard medical services. General medical advice such as that provided by Our Advice Service cannot take into account all individual circumstances, despite best endeavors. If you are at all unsure about any aspect of a pregnancy we recommend you obtain personal medical advice from your GP without delay. If you fail to do so, this is entirely at your own risk.
- In the event that you cannot be contacted or are otherwise unavailable for a consultation that has been booked and confirmed via Our Advice Service that consultation is considered to be complete and the consultation credit is deducted from your account as usual. You will have no right to a free of charge rearrangement of the consultation.
- Norla will not be liable for failure to provide Our Advice Service based on or situations beyond its control. These will include, but not are limited to, national telephone network failure or occurrences of a similar type.
- Please note that due to the personalised nature of these products no right of cancellation exists under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
Exclusion of Liability
- Our Advice Service does not constitute medical diagnosis and we do not warrant its accuracy, completeness or appropriateness. Our Advice Service should not be used as a substitute for advice from a your standard medical practitioner. We therefore cannot accept any responsibility for any adverse results or losses thereof occasioned by persons acting or refraining from acting as a result of Our Advice Service.
- Norla will not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any indirect, consequential, special or incidental damage or loss or injury arising from your use of or inability to use this website including its Contents and service (including any and all information and opinions expressed by Our Advice Service.
- You acknowledge that you are in a superior position to ourselves to monitor your own pregnancy and/or health and evaluate whether a medical practitioner should be consulted either as an emergency or a routine appointment and that we, therefore, cannot adequately insure, advise, assess or be held responsible for such liabilities arising as a result.
Intellectual Property and Ownership
Norla Limited are the exclusive owners of this website and all copyright, database rights, patent rights and other intellectual property rights relating to:
- this website,
- its Information, design, text, images, graphics, layout, functioning, software (including applets) and source code,
- Contents. All rights relating to this website are reserved.
Consent To Use Of Questions And Content
You consent to allow Us to use, share, modify, publish, quote, edit, present or otherwise process any question, information or comment you submit to Us** in any form while using this Service in any way, whether in offline or online media, at Our sole discretion. If used, such comment, question or information will be made anonymous and contain no element of your personal details, medical history or other information by which you can be identified in any way.
The following uses of this website are expressly prohibited:
- any sale, licensing, rental, distribution of this site or your access to this site; and
- any publication, posting, framing, transmission, display, reverse engineering or modification of or creation of derivative works from this site; and
- any sale, licensing, rental, distribution, publication, posting, framing, transmission, display or reverse engineering of or creation of derivative works from the Contents.
This site may include hyperlinks to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience only. We do not endorse any linked sites or accept any responsibility for the content of such sites. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that this website and its server are virus-free but cannot guarantee that this is the case. We recommend that you use virus protection software. You are responsible for the entire cost of any service, repairs or corrections required by you as a result of your use of this site. We also cannot guarantee that this site (including its Contents) will be compatible with your browser or computer configuration or that your access to this website will be uninterrupted.
Privacy And Confidentiality
Norla Healthcare Limited takes very seriously the issues of privacy and confidentiality. Apart from the payment aspects all data received from visitors to the site is treated as strictly confidential by Norla Healthcare and we comply with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Suspension or Termination
Operation of this website may be suspended from time to time, whether for maintenance or repairs or other reasons. We may also terminate your access to this website at any time upon notice to you by email or by withdrawing this website, in which case any services you have purchased but not received as of the date of termination will be provided or, at our option, any monies paid in respect of such services refunded (subject to any right of set off we may have).
Amendments to these Terms and Conditions
Please note that each time you access our site or purchase any services through our site you become subject to these terms and conditions. Because we may amend the terms and conditions at any time by posting amendments on this website, you should check the terms and conditions on each visit to the site. Unless stated otherwise, amended terms will be effective when posted but will not affect your rights or obligations in respect of any goods/ services or documents you have purchased previously.
Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of this site and its Contents will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England in respect of any legal disputes relating to these terms and conditions.